Thursday 30 December 2010

Forth

Took advantage of a break in the weather for a short trip in the Firth of Forth.   I headed west from North Berwick, towards Fidra.  At first there wasn't much to see ...


The islands were shrouded in mist.  There seemed little point continuing west, so upon reaching Fidra, turned round and headed east towards the Bass, managing to run out of the fog bank in the process.


With a tide and wind behind me, progress was rapid.  At Craigleith, the owner of the lobster boat below stopped and took my picture, getting me to sit in the rays of the sun, with North Berwick Law in the background.  I should have given him my camera and got a picture of myself, but never thought until after the event.


The Bass Rock was eerily quiet without 100,000 gannets ...



So headed for home, and a hot chocolate with marshmallows in the Seabird Centre.



A short, but pleasant 20km.

No comments: