Tuesday 19 January 2010

Inspiration ...

My daytime job involves lots and lots of staring into a computer screen, with people becoming excited / agitated over inane computer systems, project plans, timesheet codes, and a whole host of other mind numbing matters.  Whilst such things can be important at times, people can lose all sense of proportion and forget what life is really all about.  But,as the saying goes, "it pays the rent", so it is endured.

As an escape valve, and at the opposite end of the spectrum, Tuesday evenings can find me at my local pool for an hour, helping some 1st/2nd year kids with some basic canoeing strokes.  I'm not a coach, and go along purely as an "adult helper".  But the feedback and fun of working with kids can cheer up the worst of days.  I daresay that there are fancy terms for it, but it's just very satisfying / rewarding / enjoyable.  Such a breath of fresh air after the trials and tribulations of the day job.

To be that age again ...

No comments: